- the biggest challenges facing addiction treatment providers today;
- practices to consider for implementing medication-assisted treatment;
- crucial need-to-knows for providers about the harm reduction approach;
- the importance of treating mental health and addiction concurrently, especially as more states begin to tackle the opioid epidemic;
- key elements for addressing opioid use disorder (i.e., naloxone, misprescribing opioid medications, and medication-assisted treatment); and
- how addiction treatment providers can thrive in the changing environment.
With opioid addiction becoming an increasingly concerning issue nationwide, one of our more popular podcasts has been our podcast on addiction treatment with recommendations for providers. For this SAE CAREs (Clinical And Research Experts) Podcast, Steve Rabinowitz and Dr. Bruce Trigg stopped by the office to speak with Thomas Cruz about opioid addiction. Both Rabinowitz and Dr. Trigg are members of SAE’s Addiction Treatment team of experts.
During the podcast, they address the following: