The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will allow Alternative Payment Model (APM) Entities to submit an application to reweight Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) performance categories as a result of extreme and uncontrollable circumstances. Although they allow APM Entities to submit applications now, CMS will not be able to make final determinations on applications until and unless the policy proposal is finalized.
Applications Deadline: December 31, 2020 at 8PM ET
APM Entities in the following models are eligible:
- Medicare Shared Saving Program
- Next Generation ACO Model
- Vermont Medicare ACO Model
- Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+)
- Comprehensive ESRD Care (CEC)
- Bundled Payments for Care Improvement (BPCI)
- Oncology Care Model (OCM)
- Maryland Primary Care Program
- Independence at Home Demonstration
For more from CMS on this, click here.