NYS MRTII continues the work of the Medicaid Redesign Initiatives. You can view the updated website here.
The New York State Department of Health has posted proposed regulatory amendments to implement provisions of the State Fiscal Year 2020-21 Enacted Budget, which resulted from specific MRT II recommendations.
“MRT II is charged with putting forth a plan that achieves $2.5 billion in State Medicaid savings in FY 21. The MRT II recommendations should address:
- the drivers of greater-than-projected costs and growth in the Medicaid program;
- models of healthcare delivery to improve care management for beneficiaries with complex health conditions;
- existing regulations, laws and programs that hinder the modernization or achieving efficiencies in the Medicaid program and for the healthcare industry;
- ways to ensure the availability of a stable and appropriately skilled workforce, especially with respect to meeting the needs of an aging population;
- strengthening the sustainability of safety net providers serving vulnerable populations, including through regulatory reform;
- changes in the Medicaid program to achieve short-term solutions and long-term systemic changes that advance the State´s successful healthcare reform strategy while restoring financial sustainability to ensure that benefits will always be available to those who need it;
- whether any changes to the metric for calculating the Medicaid global cap are necessary;
- the introduction of new data sets, data analytics and technologies to identify current and future trends and improve program oversight, and
- policies to ensure the efficient and effective use of Medicaid dollars and reduce waste, fraud and abuse.”
Read up on the newly published: Summary of Express Terms for Proposed Amended Regulations regarding Personal Care Services and Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program Services (18 NYCRR §§ 505.14 & 505.28). SAE continues to assist providers with Medicaid Redesign Initiatives. For inquiries on special projects aligned with MRT II, Value Based Payment, and/or COVID-19, email email@example.com to connect with our team.