Below you’ll see a new funding opportunity from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Over the years, we’ve brought over $250 million in funding to our clients. If you would like some assistance in developing a competitive narrative for your application, you can email email@example.com or call (212) 684-4480 to connect with our team.
Targeted Capacity Expansion: Special Projects
- Deadline: Applications due March 25, 2019.
- Awards: 22 awards; up to $375,000 per year.
- Eligibility: Eligible applicants are domestic public and private nonprofit entities.
- Summary: The purpose of this program is to develop and implement targeted strategies for substance use disorder treatment provision to address a specific population or area of focus identified by the community.
- Link to FOA: TCE – Special Projects
This SAE CAREs Podcast features Stanley Kusnetz, who was with SAMHSA for over 20 years and was their Senior Review Administrator. He developed a lot of SAMHSA’s current review material, including their present scoring system!
During the podcast, we discuss the following:
- how SAMHSA applications are actually scored by SAMHSA reviewers;
- the underestimated weight of the description of your population in your application, regardless of numerical cap;
a SAMHSA reviewer’s hate toward generalities in a narrative;
the importance of having one person (either in-house or an external reviewer) make sure all parts of the narrative and application tie together before submission to SAMHSA;
ensuring an organization’s sustainability after the grant period has ended; and
how to make an application stand out to increase an applicant’s chance of being awarded funding.