For today's SAE CAREs (Clinical and Research Experts) Podcast, Thomas Cruz of SAE & Associates continues the discussion on Parity Compliance with Dr. Steven Estrine, SAE's CEO and Project Director of the Parity Compliance activities at SAE, and special guest Alex Hutchinson, a key player of our Independent Compliance Administrator team and lead for Data Reporting.
Alex has more than 25 years of healthcare experience that includes: performance measurement and management; healthcare program assessment and implementation; and financial analysis and risk assessment. He has worked with a broad base of clients including health plans, fortune 500 corporations, public sector agencies, hospitals, and physician organizations.
During the podcast, they cover the following:
- the importance of the data element of parity work;
- obstacles related to parity reporting and analysis;
- why trend analysis is the focus, as opposed to looking at comparability in statistics;
- the challenges that come with comparing behavioral health and physical health;
- the misconception about parity;
- how data can be used to improve the way behavioral health is managed;
- the need for a collaborative effort in reporting and measurement, rather than a unilateral approach; and
- the responsibility of the client organization to continue compliance monitoring internally to ensure sustainability of change.
If you have not yet heard the previous podcasts of the series, click here to listen to them: https://soundcloud.com/saeassociates/sets/sae-cares-podcast-parity.
If you have any questions or are interested in working with us, you can email Thomas Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "Parity Call Request" to request a conference call with our team to get a better understanding of our Parity knowledge base.
You can also subscribe to our mailing on our website here: http://saeandassociates.com/sign-up/.