For our newest SAE CAREs podcast, Dr. Steve Estrine (President and CEO of SAE & Associates) has a conversation about homelessness in New York City with special guests John Sheehan and Bill Panepinto. All three speakers have years of experience working with homeless populations in New York City.
During the podcast, they discuss the following:
- the roots of homelessness in New York City;
- the crack epidemic of the 1980s, and how it's linked to homelessness;
- today's misconception of a homeless person;
- the hurdles a homeless individual has to overcome to access services necessary for her/his survival;
- the importance of engaging homeless individuals where they frequent for daily survival (more likely to be at a food pantry instead of a clinic); and
- ways to address homelessness today.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about homelessness in New York City, feel free to give us a call at (212)-684-4480, or email Thomas Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "NYC Homelessness Podcast Question".