For our newest SAE CAREs Podcast, Steve Rabinowitz and Dr. Bruce Trigg stop by the office to talk with Thomas Cruz about treating opioid addiction. Rabinowitz and Dr. Trigg are two key members of SAE's Substance Use Disorder team of experts.
During the podcast, they address the following:
- the biggest challenges facing addiction treatment providers today;
- practices to consider for implementing medication-assisted treatment;
- crucial need-to-knows for providers about the harm reduction approach;
- the importance of treating mental health and addiction concurrently, especially as more states begin to tackle the opioid epidemic;
- key elements for addressing opioid use disorder (i.e., naloxone, misprescribing opioid medications, and medication-assisted treatment); and
- how addiction treatment providers can thrive in the changing environment.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about opioid addiction treatment, feel free to give us a call at (212)-684-4480, or email Thomas Cruz at email@example.com with the subject line: "Opioid Addiction Podcast Question".