As you may know by now, the New York State (NYS) Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS), Department of Health, Office of Mental Health (OMH), Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS), and Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) recently announced the re-release of the Children´s State Plan (SPA) / Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Provider Designation Application.
To view the full announcement from CTAC, click here.
Prep your staff on the clinical designation for Children HCBS services.
- Must be between 5 and 17 years of age, if enrolled prior to 18th birthday may remain in the Waiver up to the age of 21.
- Have serious emotional disturbances.
- Demonstrate complex health and mental health needs.
- Require or be at imminent risk of needing psychiatric inpatient care.
- Service and support needs cannot be met by one agency/system.
- Have a consistent and viable living arrangement with family that is able and willing to participate in the waiver.
- Appear to be capable of being cared for in the community with access to waiver services.
- Be eligible for Medicaid; and
- Parental income and resources are not considered when determining the child's eligibility for Medicaid.
NYS advises current system providers to submit designation application by July 31, 2017.
If you would like to explore how we can help you in this arena, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 684-4480.