SAE & Associates is pleased to announce the affiliation of its newest associate. Steven Rabinowitz recently retired after 30 years of service at NY State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS), where he spent the last 11 years as the Director of Downstate Field Operations, overseeing funding and program services in NYC and Long Island for over 250 substance abuse prevention, treatment, recovery and specialized services provider agencies. Besides his thorough knowledge of fiscal, programmatic and operational issues facing provider agencies, Steve was heavily involved for the last few years with initiatives like managed care, health homes, DSRIP, HCBS, and Value-Based Payments, as well as serving as co-leader of a major internal reorganization effort within OASAS.
Steve's first major project with SAE will be to gather information from behavioral health providers in the downstate area (NYC, LI and the Hudson Valley) as to their needs and interests in meeting the major challenges facing our field today, and how we can help with operation-based solutions. In particular, he will be focusing on five key areas:
- Maintaining regulatory compliance and meeting the expectations of oversight agencies and payers;
- Measuring outcomes and insuring quality care;
- Understanding costs and achieving fiscal organizational efficiency;
- Maximizing revenue, including finding new and untapped revenue streams; and
- Networking and developing relationships with major stakeholders such as PPS, managed care organizations and private payers, as well as developing partnerships and alliances with other provider agencies toward common goals.
Steve will be working with SAE to develop ways to bring this discussion with the provider field forward in the coming months, including individual provider meetings, provider forums, issue briefs, podcasts, and online presentations.
We encourage anyone who would like to be part of that discussion to contact us at (212)-684-4480 or email email@example.com.