The move to VBP involves structuring and formalizing services into a continuum and weighing the treatment outcomes to performance requirements with known risks and costs. Preparation for entering into a VBP agreement involves a deep knowledge and ability to analyze and communicate about:
- clinical and demographic service population;
- risks to overall care,
- risks to episodes of care and risks to required outcome reporting;
- operational cost of care;
- projected cost savings to delivery system based on provider performance and lowered population risk;
- service definition in the bundled payment methodology;
- metrics definition for performance reporting; and
- revenue management with strong manage care engagement and contracting.
Metrics definition is essential to link services, outcome, risk and cost at a macro level with the ability to drill down to episodes of care and projected cost savings. A quality improvement and oversight mechanism to track successes and vulnerabilities must be built into the metrics definition and allow for corrective actions and process change because a VBP arrangement is a continuously active and dynamic evaluation of outcome and services. For more info on VBP, feel free to email email@example.com to connect with our team.
Job Placement Services and Diagnostic Vocational Evaluation Services ROUND 2
Applications due: September 12, 2019 by 4PM ET